Systems Analyst/Experimental Scientist
The ideal applicant will serve as a researcher for a variety of cross-disciplinary subject matters in support of AFRL programs. There are currently multiple AFRL programs which require the support of a Systems Analyst. The support will be in the form of design, build, data collection and data analysis of experimental systems as required. The position requires familiarity with “Big Data” analytics, database systems as well as integration of experimental hardware and software automation. The applicant will be an integral member of a joint government and contractor team, operating in a dynamic environment with the goal of advancing the state of research and knowledge for technologies relevant to current and future Air Force needs. The applicant must be willing to expand their knowledge base and work both independently and in small groups with minimal oversight. The duties may evolve to support a range of technical needs and focus such as, satellite system, RF system, and optical system development and testing.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering (Electrical/Aerospace), or Bachelor's degree in
Physics with 3+ years’ experience, or an advanced degree in Physics or Engineering, or equitable
- Experience with “Big Data” analysis, analysis of large data sets
- Experience with statistical analysis of data and/or information theory
- Ability to integrate experimental hardware
- Programming experience in Python or MATLAB
- Desire to develop new methodologies and integrate with existing technologies
- Require minimum oversight to accomplish directed tasks
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security clearance
- Advanced degree in Physics, or Engineering, or equitable experience
- Active Department of Defense Security Clearance
- Relevant practical experience with large data set analysis
- Familiarity with software automation of data collection hardware
- Experience with development and execution of experimental test plans
- Demonstrated ability to function and contribute to multidisciplinary research teams
- Ability to work across a variety of subject matters
Primary Location: Kirtland Air Force Base, Albuquerque, NM
Relocation Available: No
ATA is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer. Please send all resumes, including cover letters, to Human Resources at Applied Technology Associates, 1300 Britt Street SE, Albuquerque, NM 87123. You may also fax them to (505) 998-2397, or e-mail them to ATAJobs@atacorp.com. PLEASE REFER TO DOCKET No. ATA20170403.
Back to ATA Careers.
A-Tech Corporation is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or other characteristics protected by law. A-Tech Corporation will
provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities as provided
by federal, state, and local laws.
EEO is the Law Poster ● EEO is the Law Supplement ● E-Verify in English and Spanish ● Right to Work Statement in English and Spanish ● Pay Transparency Non Discrimination