The engineer will serve as a research engineer for the Air Force Research Laboratory Guidance Navigation and Controls, and Autonomy Program. The engineer will be an integral member of a joint Government and contractor team that operates in a very dynamic environment. The engineer’s duties will span research and development (R&D) in engineering, design, fabrication, integration, technical analysis, and testing to support the Spacecraft Guidance, Navigation, and Controls (GN&C) group. Secondarily, the engineer may be required to assist on other tasks as needed.
- Ph.D. in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience in Aerospace/Controls Engineering
- Experience with development, testing and implementation of guidance, navigation, estimation,
and control systems
- Experience with design, development, testing, and verification of hardware, and software systems
- Demonstrated ability to document the progress of research
- Require minimum oversight to accomplish directed tasks
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance
- Active Department of Defense Top Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with autonomous systems and software in the Space Situational Awareness (SSA)
- Experience with GN&C capabilities for space and rocket systems
- Relevant spacecraft GN&C and systems engineering experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Experience in business development and creating new program opportunities with new and existing
Primary Location: Albuquerque, NM
ATA is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer. Please send all resumes, including cover letters, to Human Resources at Applied Technology Associates, 1300 Britt Street SE, Albuquerque, NM 87123. You may also fax them to (505) 998-2397, or e-mail them to ATAJobs@atacorp.com. PLEASE REFER TO DOCKET No. ATA20170301.
Back to ATA Careers.
A-Tech Corporation is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or other characteristics protected by law. A-Tech Corporation will
provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities as provided
by federal, state, and local laws.
EEO is the Law Poster ● EEO is the Law Supplement ● E-Verify in English and Spanish ● Right to Work Statement in English and Spanish ● Pay Transparency Non Discrimination